Cryotherapy tricks the body into “fight or flight mode”, triggering the release of adrenaline, endorphins and anti-inflammatory proteins. The body is not actually in hypothermia—but the brain thinks that it is. Blood rushes to the core, increasing metabolism and energy.
- Athletic performance is enhanced by increased energy, the natural endorphin “high” and reduced perception of symptomatic pain.
- Injury to muscles, bone and tissue repair is enhanced by reduced inflammation from highly enriched, oxygenated blood, improved blood circulation and lymphatic detoxification.
- Recovery occurs more quickly and completely in the anti-inflammatory and enhanced blood flow environment. Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness is significantly reduced.
- Mental recovery is accelerated due to energy increase and release of endorphins.
- 3 minute WBC session up to 2 hours prior to workout or race/event.
Professional athletes use cryotherapy prior to workouts or events in order to maximize their performance.
- Daily 3 minute WBC session + local cryotherapy at point of injury until pain, swelling and inflammation have subsided.
- Injury side effects usually subside within 3 to 7 treatments.
- 3 minute WBC session as soon as possible after workout or race/event.
Professional athletes use cryotherapy after practice sessions and games/events to relieve muscle fatigue, soreness and injury.